Friday, August 29, 2008

Demolition Derby @ Montgomery County Fair (8.16.08)


DF08_8.16DemoDerby@MoCoFair-10, originally uploaded by DAKOTAFINE.

Originally, my impetus for traveling to the Montgomery County Fairgrounds had been to photograph illustrious BYT personality Jeffrey Jetton compete in the Demo Derby, but barring a hoopty (sp?) meltdown just hours before gametime, Jeff's car was unable to make the journey, and thusly, was unable to compete.

Nevertheless, I was undeterred. I had planned on going to the fair, and go to the fair I would. The demolition derby proved to be one of the greatest spectacles of Americana glutinous and conspicuous consumption I have ever witnessed. Needless to say, it was incredible. I certainly recommend going next opportunity you get, seriously.

Get the full BYT post here...

DF08_8.16DemoDerby@MoCoFair-18DF08_8.16DemoDerby@MoCoFair-121DF08_8.16DemoDerby@MoCoFair-28

DF08_8.16DemoDerby@MoCoFair-100

DF08_8.16DemoDerby@MoCoFair-87

No comments: