Thursday, August 28, 2008

COLAGE PTown Family Week Day 1 (7.27.08)

Every summer for the past 5 summers, I've spent a week in Provincetown, MA, towards the end of July/beginning of August. The purpose is in service of an organization called COLAGE, for which I actively serve on the board of directors. Recently, we revised COLAGE's mission to read...

"COLAGE is a national movement of children, youth, and adults with one or more lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or queer (LGBTQ) parents. We build community and work toward social justice through youth empowerment, leadership development, education, and advocacy."

In past years, my service at Family Week has revolved around youth leadership development; running workshops and serving as a volunteer staff member, which is similar to being a camp counselor. But this year, I elected to serve as the staff photographer focussing almost all of my energy towards documenting the magic that is Family Week. I will post here several examples of some of the images from each day of family week that have emerged in my mind as great examples of the energy and emotion that is Family Week.

08_7.27_FamWeekDay1@PTown-104
08_7.27_FamWeekDay1@PTown-304
08_7.27_FamWeekDay1@PTown-10008_7.27_FamWeekDay1@PTown-12808_7.27_FamWeekDay1@PTown-122

08_7.27_FamWeekDay1@PTown-323

No comments: